Thursday, September 2, 2010

For You

You have no idea how crucial this time is to your life. Maybe you do. And that is why it is most crucial that you stand and face it all. You've always been the better one-in emotional and physical strength, in speaking, in meeting new people, in grades, and in making people laugh-and so I want you to be the better one once again. I want you to look ahead without regrets and embrace the brightness and freshness of the future. I am sure you've witnessed my mistakes, my flailings, my weakness, and my dirt. One in the family is enough. And I know you are smarter than I ever was, so I want you to look upon the coming hills, mountains, and occasional deserts with that bright, unfaltering smile of yours. Because you will make it through.

Still there was a shade of fear in me.

For despite the fact you are darkskinned, I am pale; you are always running out to play, when I am always indoors hiding in my room; your sweettooth for chocolate, my dislike for the overly saccharine; you are the tallest in the family, and I am the shortest; you are quick with repartee, but I stutter just to make a sentence. Despite all that makes us such polar opposites in our temperaments, we are so alike in many ways. That spot on the sofa which is so perfect for curling up and so spinally challenging, only you love it like I do. We were always secretly impressed by one another's choice of music no matter how much we make fun and scoff at each other's taste. Our shared imaginary world of our childhood.The shape of our chins...

The impatience you show towards parental rants was not too different from mine.

We are alike in as many ways as we are different. And that was why I could not help becoming worried during such a crucial time. I will be broken if you But now, that fear isn't worth a damn of my care. With all my heart, I wish for your future and the best decisions to be made in regards to it. With all my heart, I pray for you, I make wishes for you, I dream for you, and I believe in you. With all my heart, there is no more room for doubt but all the hopes for happiness for you.

You are the better one and I want you to deserve the best. You are the one I dreamed of flying with. You were the one to pick up my emotional shards. You are the smile that brings a smile to me, the arm to pull punches with, the shoe on my shoe, my best friend, and my only, irreplaceable brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment